Saturday, January 17, 2009

And the winners are....



Chef Silly has has been quiet lately. My computer died, and I (finally) replaced it with shiny new one, and even set up the wireless router, all by myself.


What else have I been doing? I’ve set up online classrooms for the vocational classes that I teach, and I’m in the beginning stages of putting together a cooking series for another local college. Also, yesterday, I was the floor judge for a cooking competition.  The prize was a scholarship to study in France.


It was a “Mystery Basket”, which means the competitors don’t know what they are going to be cooking before they arrive for the contest.


Eight students were chosen, and nobody backed out when they found out that I was the instructor accompanying them to Provence for two weeks in May.


Because I was not a tasting judge, I didn’t taste any of the students’ food; this event was not gluten-free.

 

Here’s a sampling of what some of the students did:


No comments: